Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013

Yes this week was another great week like last week. Has mom said in email, I guess life is like that one week pain in the butt but the other week the greatest week. As I would put it. 
    This week we have been able to find two new investigators, which is always nice. One of the new investigators that we were able to find was throw a media referral from Mormon.org. His name is Terrell, he has lived in the center of Detroit most of his life and had a rough time with somethings. But does want to make a change in his life. Terrell told us (Elder Tripp and I) that he at once was meeting with the missionary's and he could feel a change in his life and also he stopped some of the stuff he was doing. Then Terrell lost contact of the missionary's and went back to the stuff he was doing. He wants to I guess I would put it, make a new chapter in his life. He has a girl friend that  is a member but she is less active and was baptized 10 or so years ago in the Palmer Park Ward, which is in the Heart of Detroit! But she wants to comeback to church and also wants her boy friend to hear the message also that has blessed her life.
   Other then that we have just been working with more less actives and  checking them of the list because most of them have moved and did not tell anyone or we find out why they less active and see what we can do to get him back to church. 
   Yeah Elder Tripp and I get along, We've always got along since the first day and we teach like we know what were saying with out planning, which is not great, I know we should always be ready. The funny thing is that we did 15 Inline image 1mint Distract instruction the first week of the transfer together because Elder Uptain (DL) asked us to do it.  On "My purpose" both Elder Tripp and I knew it, so it took us like a minute to think of what we would say in Distract meeting. After Distract meeting the Elders asked us if we did prepare and we said not really, they said it was one of the best they have seen. It just tells us how much he Holey Ghost plays a role!! :)
    Well tell Jaxon "I'm very proud of him and I wish I could be there". 

Love you Family  

No comments:

Post a Comment