Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, September 30, 2013

Sept 30, 2013

Well this week has been a very good week until sad to say Yesterday. This week Elder Carter and I have been able to make more contact with many of the less actives down in the Detroit area which is always great. Also while we were down in Detroit we were looking for this one less active family that was in the area that we were in. We were on the bike just going down the street and we heard from an house "what ward are you from" haha we both stopped and laughed because we don't get that ever, so we told them and the kid's said "that there the Edward", the family that we were looking for. So we stayed and just talked on the porch about them and also how they want to comeback to church. Planning to see them again. :)
    We have been able to work with Terrel our investigator that we've been working with for now about a month or so. He is make a big change each week in he's life and it's great to see. We are hoping that we can marry Terrell and Lerenda (less active) in couple of weeks or so. Whatever works for them. We are still working with getting Terrell and Lerenda to church. They weren't able to make it yesterday because Terrell say's he was sick. This week we are planning to get him to the all of the sessions to conference and the priesthood session also on Saturday night!! :) Can't Wait!!
      Well here comes the bad news :( So I woke up on Sunday morning with a bad sickness and also a headache. Still pretty sick, with all that a text from Terrell and Lerenda saying "Terrell is sick, wont be able to make it to church". So I went out to the car to get my back pack from the car and yeah someone went through the complex and broke into cars. :( They stole my back pack, scriptures, Camera, oil, the pamphlets and couple of Book Of Mormon's. So Sunday was a really bad day for me. I really don't know what to do, either laugh or cry or don't know. I leave my back pack in the car Sunday nights because we just wake up on Sunday's and head over to Warren East apartment because we pick them up for church, also just study there. Elder Carter said he locked the car and I always ask him if he locked the car. So we don't know if we forgot just Saturday night or they broke in and we sleep through the car alarm. My back pack was out of sight, down on the ground. I'm not really a happy camper because I was so proud of my scriptures and all the marking I've done in them and not's. Really want'ed to saw you when I got home, also all the pic's since Tecumseh are gone.
    I don't know what to do, because I know that I don't have the money to buy new scriptures, bag or Camera and I also I know that you don't really have the money to do that also. What Should I do?? If I do buy the stuff I would. I need to buy a side bag because that's the new thing the church came out with I guess and President Gerber is making us all get side bags by December. Need Parents HELP!!  I've been frustrated over the last day.
  I really don't know what God is trying to teach me, Either don't leave my bag in the car or that I should get new scriptures and find new tools that I can us in my lessons! :/ Don't Know!
         Sorry no pic's don't have my stuff :/
  Well hope you guys had a better week then me.
  Love Elder Jenson
                                     p.s- how did the Birthday go and also the race for mom???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment