Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct 28, 2013



Hey Family, haha thanks for the sad update :( Kinda just cried right through the email, didn't think I would cry when I found out because I was not that close to Grandpa Wadley but I was thinking all that he did for our family.  also just hearing how mom was doing. I know that Grandpa her dad meant a lot to her even if I thought he was a little crazy.
     Well to move on to the great news from Warren West area in Michigan Detroit Mission. The investigator that we have been working with, Terrell. B will be getting baptized this Saturday at 2pm :). He did pass his first interview with President Gerber but during the interview two Sundays ago there was a miss communication with what President Gerber heard from what Terrell was explaining. President thought that he said he was still doing the thing. Terrell said he was doing it a lot before he met us (Elder Tripp, Carter and myself)  but Terrell told him that he has been done with it the last 3 weeks. President thought he was still doing it, so I call President Gerber after the interview and told him that he did stop what he stopped and that there must of been a miss communication. Elder Carter and I fixed the problem and Terrell had a small interview yesterday with District Leader Elder Uptain (came out with me) and he passed. :) This week will be a great week for Elder Carter and I. Elder Carter will be baptizing Terrell because it's his first baptism ever and I will be confirming Terrell on Sunday! :) It's way cool to see that I've been able to meet him the first day with Elder Tripp then start teaching him with Elder Carter and now will be seeing him to get baptized. That does not happen much, being able to see some you start teaching get baptized!! :)
       Elder Carlson of the seventy came down and we had a Zone Conference with him. Elder Carlson and President Gerber talked about how each of us missionary can become concentrated Elders and Sisters.
   Other then that we've just been still working with many of the less actives in the ward, I've been able to see a couple of the less actives starting to come back to church! :)

PS. Oh yeah President Gerber used me in front of half of the mission. President Gerber was talking about faith, then he called me up and told the missionary's that I'm a great example of faith and how I've strengthen his testimony. Then while I was up there he explained what happen to me when I was a little baby and how it took lot's of faith for me to come out because of my voice. Then he had me read a paragraph from Preach My Gospel.
  I don't know why everyone thinks it took a lot for me to come out kinda bugs me....I just tell people it's my duty, want to and I love the Gospel . The people expect a different answer, don't know why.

 Love Elder Jenson :)


No comments:

Post a Comment