Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, November 4, 2013

Nov 3, 2013

Hey Family and Friends, the missionary work is going great in the Michigan Detroit Mission!! Elder Carter and I have been blessed to be able to have a baptism over this last week! :) It's amazing like I said last week to see someone you meet couple of months ago for the first time and then seeing Terrell Baker in the baptism font with Elder Carter. It was also great to see Elder Carter, doing his first baptism every. I will be doing the Confirmation next Sunday :)
   Alright to start off the week we had an appointment set up with Terrell and Larenda, but they wont able to make them because Terrell was not able to get work off the day we scheduled the appointments. We also set up the baptism for Saturday and  I found out on Thursday through an text Terrell that he won't be able to make it because his boss would not let him off from work. We already announced that he was getting baptized the Sunday before in church. Hahaha the funny thing about all this it happen all when we were on exchanges. So it was kinda crazy on that Thursday because I had to make sure that everyone in the ward knew that there was no baptism. Then I had to figure out if we could do it just on Sunday. It was kinda crazy because we had everything ready and set in stone. But I (Elder Carter was gone in another area) was able to figure out and get everything back in place.
        On Sunday I was able to bear my testimony, and it's so crazy to be able to feel the love for people that you don't know much and in a matter of a couple of lessons you feel the love you have for the person. I know that if it was not the Lords work to send out 18-26 year old young men and woman you would not get the same feeling for someone you meet.
    Yesterday before the baptism service I was able to talk to a member in the ward that is a service missionary from Bloomfield Hills. The Mayo's but Sister Mayo asked me if the mission was getting tiring because she has a son almost exactly my age and left at the same time as I did for the mission and Sister Mayo said in his letters she can tell it's getting tiring. I told her that it was kinda just because you saw the year of a missionary and you live it everyday also do the something but meet new people each day. I told her that you just have to keep moving on, and finish when you pass the finish line of being a full time missionary. :)
           Well love you Family and Friends!
  Keep up the good work kids in sports and Derek keep up the piano, the mission needs Elders that can play! :)  

Love Elder Jenson


No comments:

Post a Comment