Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, November 25, 2013

Nov 25, 2013

Family and Friends :)

              This week has been one of the best week in the mission filed I've had, I've been able to learn a lot just over this week!
 
 Monday- On Monday like usually we go over to Ann's and hang out with the family, share a message then have some dinner. We found out that Anna took a calling to be an visiting teach which will be great for her :)
 
Tuesday- On Tuesday we were able to teach a great lesson to Shawn (LA) and Eloise (I) about The Proclamation To The Family and a little about the Book Of Mormon which is always great!! :) Also we were able to see Amir we see him each Tuesday and just share a message about Jesus or a Mormon Message. We also saw Sis. Ware (Member) just shared a message and give her comfort. Then later that night we felt like we should stop by Terrell and Lorenda. We  did and Terrell was having an hard time that day so we were able to talk about what was going on in his day. We were also to answer some of Lorenda's questions.

Wednesday- On Wednesday, we had apartment inspection but we did not have it because the crappy phone service we have with Sprint. So the Senior couple that was coming to inspect the apartment gave us a call to let us know they were at the apartment but we did not get the call only the voice mail like a half an hour later. So we never did have inspection :( But I do know that the apartment does look dang good with the cleaning of Elder Carter and I! ha
  Later that day we stopped by a less active family and we able to teach the son Jaelen (14) about how reading The Book Of Mormon is very important then just shared the story about Alma the Younger :) Then stopped just by Eloise and Shawn to see how they are doing with praying and scripture study. Then went to a Bible study!

Thursday- Did weekly planning, Mormon.org then went and tracted  :) Then took Eloise and Shawn later that night to the I'm Mormon Devotional that the mission does each month. Then after that talk to couple missionary then talk to this one friend that was there and the family.
 

 Friday- On Friday  we had an specialized training with only two Districts (20 or so missionary's) 9-4pm. We learned how to teach really simple from the pamphlets. We are starting to tech now just from using the picture in the pamphlets then asking the investigator what they see in the picture then explaining it to them. :) I love the new way of teaching because it's a lot easier for me because it lets me not have to worry if they are not understanding me because I just simple have to explain the picture in a couple words, testify then move to the next page. Love it!

Oh yeah told President that I know Brother Perry Montoya, so he took a picture of me and sent it to Brother Montoya and put in the text "recognize the face"
 
Saturday- Went on exchanges with the Zone Leader (Elder Burfess) he is an amazing missionary that helped me a lot on Saturday when we did go contacting and tracting! I told Elder Burfess I like tracting and contacting but I feel like I'm wasting my time because people don't understand me.  Elder Burfess told me just talk to everyone and the Lord will give the message through the  spirit even if they don't hear or understand me. Also it shows God that you do care! :)
      P.S- got some more sweet insights from study the other day :)   "how does God Take This"

           Alma 7:11-12 ....... 2 Nephi 2:25-27


      Well Love you family keep up the hard work with sports and everything else! Oh yeah transfers this week :) hope I can keep the streak up :) 3 transfers in an area !

    Sorry Dad President Gerber dos not remember you but he says hi and Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment