Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

Broke the Streak :)
 
  Hey family it's great to know that you guess are doing great! This week has been a slow week in The Warren West area, we've been able to get in contact with one or two less actives. Elder Carter and I are planning to see them later this week down in Detroit. The other day we went down to Detroit around 5:30pm and it started to get dark. We saw the less active sister we were going down to see walking down the street. We did not really see her because it was dark, but like I always do I say hi to them when we ride by. So I said hi, she said "you looking for me" and we said yep. She said that I recognized Elder Jenson Voice. So that was pretty cool. We walk with Bridget. J (LA) down to the market to get some food and Bridget just was telling us to never come down to Detroit in the night time. We also shared a little message on the way back from the market. I have lot's of nick-names in the mission (Batman, Ali Baba (off of Aladdin, member in the ward from middle east calls me that, still have not found why), and just got a new one from Bridget. J haha she calls be little Jesus because in her words "I'm not scared going down to Detroit at night time and you act like you own the ghettos" something on that line so that was funny but I do know don't go down to Detroit at night unless you have a set appointment especially at this time of year of the season.
    Thanksgiving day went great :) Went over to Frank. L  Ellison's (Ward Mission Leader and Relief society pres) had a great dinner, then went up to The Mayo's (stake ward missionary's called to serve in the Warren Ward) house that night up in Bloomfield Hills. It was really fun and very very nice dinner. The Mayo's have invited there friends  and missionary's over each year over the past 15yrs. One cool thing is that to get your pie after Thanksgiving dinner you have to come with an act or something to do, to show to everyone at dinner. I just did "God has perfect timing, never early, never late. It takes a little patience and a lot of faith. But it's always worth the wait". then shared a little message with the spirit I guess if you would say that. Did not want it to be a powerful message but did make some people cry and feel the spirit which is cool because I was not heading to that.
   Other then that had an amazing fun week, got transfer calls the other day and Elder Carter and I are staying together which is kinda socking but it's way cool because he is a great Elder. Haha has help me to understand Derek a lot better probably I would say the same personality. :)



   Well Love you family, keep up the missionary work and the normal stuff :)
 Love Elder Jenson the Older

No comments:

Post a Comment