Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

Like always thanks for the update!

   Well this week in the mission has been a wonderful week for Elder Carter and I, we were able to teach 18 lessons this week which is great also were able to find a couple new investigators. Over the month or so We've been working with Eloise and Shawn, they both told us that they will be getting baptized in January but we don't have a date for them because they first need to get married. We've taught all the lessons just really now baptism but we will still be seeing them twice a week or so. :)
    Terrell and Lorenda are doing amazing, They wont able to make it out to church yesterday because they both were sick, but we are planning to see them a couple times this week. Terrell's birthday is this Thursday so we will be going over there to teach and have a party with him haha.
One of the most funniest thing happen yesterday on the phone when I was talking to Lorenda, so I called them yesterday after church telling them we missed them at church and hope things are going good. Also was seeing when would it be a good time we could see them this week. In all that Lorenda thought I said I love them, which I do but I did not say that. So Lorenda said we love you too Elder Jenson. I laughed inside because I did not say that but I just played it cool and said "yep" kinda funny.
      So I've been reading Jesus The Christ and also the New Testaments. First The New Testaments because President and Sister Gerber asked us the read the Gospels which I love and Second Jesus The Christ to help me keep focus and not worry about things that I can't really control until after the mission just because I'm a missionary. I've read Jesus The Christ once on the mission about 6 or so months ago and it's so cool to get different insights with reading Jesus The Christ and also The Gospels which I've read a couple times over the mission.
     On Saturday the Warren Elders about an hour before correlation went to a Christmas festival they had in the Warren City Hall which was way cool. They had donkeys, sheep, camel and other fun stuff so that was cool to go see. Then we just went the Brother Ellison's house (Ward Mission Leader ) to have correlation.      
   This week has been a really fun and good week for Elder Carter and I. We are planning to keep it up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment