Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, November 18, 2013

Nov 18, 2013

Thanks for the update :) It's always great to hear the family is doing great. Tell Jacob nice work on the hunter safety test. Tell Jaxon that I got his email and I also do miss him very much! Tell Savanah to keep up the good work in sports. Tell Derek that he should make some cookies for me. Jordan keep it up with just being a happy little camper
   Well this week has been a very positive week for Elder Carter and I. We've been able to see Terrell and Lorenda and they are both doing great. Still make big changes in there life and they are both happy about it. We are planning to see them Wednesday, and Friday this week! They are an amazing people. Lorenda and Terrell are planning to get married Jan 1, 2014!     Yesterday we were able to have an investigator come to church, named Melvurn. Elder Carter and I have been teaching him over the last month or so. He is a great man that is looking for really just any good gospel. On Saturday we were able to teach Melvurn about the Holy Ghost and how it works, It was a great lessons. Also Elder Carter and I went tracing the other night and we were both able to see the blessing from it when it's only 7 pm and everyone else thinks 10 pm or later because it gets dark at 6 pm.
     On Thursday, we went over to Anna Burlingame's (LA) to teach her son James (21) about baptism and never did get around to it because of my finger. Anna knew about it and I did not think it was a big deal thought the swelling would go away in a day or two. Anna look at it and told me that I should go get it looked at so we went to the urgent care. The urgent care was not the best because they were workers and also the Dr. swearing. I was waiting in a room about 30min until he came and looked at my finger. While I was hearing everyone complaining and swearing I was just thinking how I'm great full that I have the gospel and I live it. I don't have to worry about really people to judge me because whatever they might judge me about is either good or they just don't like me. Haha also learned that just for a Doctor to poke my finger and tell me it will be fine and take some free prescriptions it coast $70 :/ no fun!
    Over the week I've been able move couple of family's. I've been able to think just how great full it is that my parents have the money to have food, take care of 5 kids, 2 missionary's and still be able to pay the bill's and keep an house. I've been able to see through out the mission how the gospel does effect people in big ways on both ends if they don't follow the commandments that they made at baptism or if they do keep enduring to the end, how much it does bless there life!
        Oh yeah while today in my study time I was able to read about Limhi (Mosiah Ch.21-22) and about his people and I was looking at my planner that has a quote that Savy gave to me about 6 months ago. "God has perfect timing never early, never late. It takes a little patience and a lot of faith. But it's always worth the wait". I've been able to relate that its so true in that scripture's and just in our daily life's
     
        Love you family!! Love Elder Jenson :)   Side Note of what I read today in Mosiah
                                                                            chapter 21 Hardship 6-8
                                                                                                 12-16 learning experience
                                                                                            Chapter 22: 9-16 blessing from the Lord
                                    "God has perfect timing never early, never late. It takes a little patience and a lot of faith. But it's always worth the wait"



No comments:

Post a Comment