Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, January 27, 2014

Jan 27, 2014

Family,

  Hey Family, sure does sound like you guys are having a great time. That was fun to hear that you and mom were able to get time away from the crazy kids, crazy life and time to yourself down in Vegas. Yeah I actually talk to Brother Moody on the phone the other day and he is doing great. I told him that the family is doing good and that the parents had a great time in Vegas then he told me that his family is planning to move down to Vegas around July and also he told me that he also could get great deals for you guys to shows and other places down there if you want. He told me that he would give you guys a call to see how the family is doing.
   Well the Blue Water area has been going. It's been a very slow area and just still figuring out where we are going to be working with the next month or so. Elder Jones and I have pretty much figured it out where we want the area to go in the next 4 weeks . We heard from an Elder that was just here before me, that in his interview that President asked him if they should keep the area open or not. Also from Elder Jones and what I got from interviews on Friday is that just keep yourself up and keep working hard. I just told President "that the area is an very hard area probably the hardest area I have been in. I don't want to sounds trunky but I would like to end up in an area where I can finish strong. Then I said I don't know what is coming the next couple of weeks but if it stays like it has for the last year it will be hard to finish strong, just trying to keep yourself busy without doing the same the same thing you do each week." President said thanks and just shared the story of what happened in President Thomas S. Monson mission when he was the Mission President in Canada. Elder Jones and I are just going to keep it up and make sure it does not get any worse then it is now.
  It's sad when you have amazing very strong members saying if they don't get the branch up started again I probably in the next couple of months wont be coming to church. The hard thing is where we live in Croswell,Mi it's about the size of Kanab and they know what car we drive and who we are. They don't really like us. Also Elder Jones told me in the last 5 months the area's that we work in have been tracked out in only a week from other really great Elders. My goal is to keep the area open and at least someone on date! :) We are working with many less actives that where amazing with coming to church before they close the branch. It used to be an 30 min or less drive to church for members in my area and now it's an hour in a half or more to get to church. We are working with a couple investigators that are doing pretty good other then making it out to church. :(
  Interviews went great, just talked about the area and what I thought then President Gerber asked me what I got out of the Book Of Mormon reading that we did a couple of weeks ago. When we had to stay in for the day because it was really cold. I just told him about what I shared with you guys a couple of weeks ago about Nephi killing Laban. He said that was really cool to hear and thanks for the insight. Then I was able to help Sister Gerber along with her instruction on Alma 36, She did a good job but she only used the last couple of verses in Alama 36. I was able to give my insight on Alma 36 from the begin which was good because I've studied that Chapter a lot over the mission. Have it all high lighted and lot's of cool insight have got in my own personal study time.
    Other then that just keeping the area up and standing! :)
 Well you know this because I say it almost every week but love you family. Oh yeah dad you should tell me some fun mission story's that you have or really cool insight that you've gain during your mission and being a dad. Never have heard much about your mission and I would like to hear that.
  Love Elder Jenson the older :)      



No comments:

Post a Comment