Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, February 24, 2014

Feb 24, 2014

Closed :/

    Well from the title of the email, you probably know where I'm going with this. So as I said a couple of weeks ago that we heard from the last elder here that in his interview President Gerber asked him if he should close the Blue Water North area down...............This last week on Wednesday we had Specialized Training with the Blue Water District (Elder Williams, Elder Humphrey, Elder Jones and I)  and then another District. Specialized Training went pretty good. It was a Q&A and read about the experience of  Moses seeing God and all. Had some really good in sight and also deep doctrine.
To go on after the Specialized Training which is only 3 hrs. President Gerber asked  if the Blue Water District would come and talk to him. Pres did not have a very happy face so we thought we were all in trouble just because of the last couple of weeks. Which I've told you about. So we went and talk to President Gerber and he asked  basically  "give me a couple reasons why the North area should be open". We gave him a couple, then I said that one reason why I think the area is not going anywhere is because you stick an Elder there for 6 weeks then you pull the one out and you expect the Elder that was there for the 6 weeks have everything to normal and the bring a new Elder in and then do the something the last 5 transfers". Thanks that I have Elder Jones and the other Elders to back me up because when I said it, it did not come out like I want'ed it to. President Gerber said thanks and we were done.
      Elder Jones and I, the rest of the week just went and saw the normal people. We actually had a pretty good week for numbers. Then we were like yeah Pres is going to close it. So we got the call Saturday night. The Blue Water North area is closing. Elder Jones and I have been cleaning the apartment and all. The mission is giving the apartment back and we have had that apartment for I would guess seven years or so. The mission has closed the area before but in the past the Elders would just switch apartments during the week so they could cover both areas equally. So I guess I can say that I've had a area closed on me, don't know if that's good or bad.
                 I will be down with Elder Humphrey and we will be getting a new companion with us. Elder Humphrey and I will be covering the biggest area in the mission!! :) Well the biggest now, I was in the biggest area when it was splint. It's going to be crazy. :) Elder Humphrey and I are best buds! It's will be a lot of hard work and lot's of fun depending on who we get for the third companion. Anyways Elder Humphrey and I are determined to work hard and have fun even if the third companion is  not so for the either working hard or having fun. I would  have to guess the area know is a lot bigger then  Kane County!
                 Elder Jones was a fun companion to be with, we did work and also had a lot of fun. I have been able to learn a lot from Elder Jones.

             Well other then that I will email you tomorrow to let you know my new third companion and all. I will try to do the mathematics of the area to tell you how big the area is now. I'm guessing lot's of the Lansing Mission is the normal size of now called the Blue Water area. For Grandma and Grandpa Tischler  :)  My new address is: 2072 Parkdale Dr. Port Huron, MI 48060
       
Tell Derek to have a very Happy B-DAY on the 26!  Thanks the three little ones for the letters :)
      Well love you family, and keep up the work and having fun!!

              Love Elder Jenson        

No comments:

Post a Comment