Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

Great week!! :)

          To start off we've been able to meet and work with a couple of investigators that we do have. Doina who we have been working with about a month now.  We had a lesson with Doina on Thursday and gave her a Book Of Mormon in Ramona. She is starting to read it. I know that if she does read it with real intent that many of her questions will be answered. She is willing to come to church and have us teach her but she won't get baptized because she's been baptized and knows that she has the Holy Ghost. This week I will and my two new companions will be going over what she has read in the Book Of Mormon and the authority we need from God to baptize.
    Your probably saw that I'm getting two new companions! :) We had transfer calls on Friday and we found out that Elder Humphreys will be leaving :(... Sunday morning we got a call from President Gerber, Elder Humphreys got called to be a District Leader wherever he goes and I will also be a District leader for my last transfer. The District( Lapeer Sister, Lapeer Elders and Us) is pretty much the same other then we will be having three Elders in Lapeer because Elder Ewell (who came out with me)  will be going home a couple weeks early. There will be only two Sisters in Lapeer now. I will be getting two new companions. I don't know why, probably because President won't have to worry of moving lot's of Elders and Sister next transfer. Just can keep the two Elders her in Blue Water or watching over me the last transfer, Just kidding. :)  Oh yeah this week I will be interviewing a investigator the Lapeer Sister have been teaching!
            Tomorrow will be transfers over in Lancing then we will be able to listen to Elder Jefferey R. Holland teach us for a couple of hours so that really cool. It's crazy to look back and be able to now say that I've been able to meet 3 Apostles of the Lord ( Dallin H. Oaks, D. Todd Christofferson, and tomorrow Jefferey R. Holland).
 
      Yesterday we had amazing sacrament meeting! All the Seminar Students in the ward  had there Seminar program. It was very powerful and made me think how grateful I am to be able say I graduated seminar and learned many cool insights about the scriptures. Yesterday was a great day really did make me think how I want to end my mission strong and what I can do to help the Michigan Detroit Mission.
              Love the Gospel and all it has done for me!! I'm so great full and also will be great full the rest off my life for what dad's decision to serve a mission did for me! :) I know the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the same church the Jesus Christ did set up when he was here.
 
       Love Your Family and Friends!! :

No comments:

Post a Comment