Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Great week!

          So this week we had interviews. Went pretty well, was able to pass my interview! Haha kinda worried Just kidding. Anyway it's been a pretty amazing week. Elder Humphreys and I have been able to find three new investigators over this week. But two of them dropped us last night, so that kinda stinks. We've taught Diona (Ramona) The Restoration and the Plan Of Salvation! Planning to see Diona tomorrow with couple of members and go over The Gospel Of Jesus Christ.
            Over the week we've stopped bye a lot of Less Active down south because we don't know any of them. While we stopping by a couple of Less Active. There's an Island, Algonic Island  in our area, I guess it's a state park but anyways we were driving on the island in the middle of no where and we came to a dead end were its a round about and it looks over the lakes. You can also see Detroit in the distance. We saw two men digging something and a nice Ford Mustang. I said to Elder Humphreys "Hey look, that looks like someone I know from my first area Troy (about 2 years ago)". Elder Humphreys said he would drive by slow so I could get a good look. So we did and guess who it was! It was David Tonkin one of the fist recent converts I meet over in Troy, Mi. It was crazy because we where a hour south down from our apartment and it's about an hour in a half from Troy,Mi.  I know that we went on that Island for a reason even if we were just checking it out for the fist time. David is an amazing man that just recently went to the temple for the fist time over the fall I believe. We were able to just talk and catch up for a couple of minutes. We also were able to say a prayer with his friend, that is not a member yet. I think that it was a testimony to me, David and his friend that there's missionary's also members all over the place that will give you a pick you up even if it out of the blue.
                 Well on Monday we were playing baseball at a members back yard (The Hatchers, amazing family) and Elder Humphreys hit the ball and it was a good hard hit and hit my elbow! It got really big big! Called the missionary Doctor and he said to go get it checked out or Ex-ray. I let it heel for a couple of days then called back. He just told me to watch it and take Ibuprofen everyday! Still on Ibuprofen so it can go down and not get infected.
            Have a amazing week and will call around 4pm, your time, if that's good with you! Mean Skype! :)

Love you family! Can't wait to talk to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment