Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014

Another Great Week
           
             Sorry I'm so late with emailing, but dad will understand why :) So Today Elder Humphreys and I went fishing down on the Port Huron river, no success. Elder Humphreys and I decide to call a member in the ward to find out the best fishing spot. Brother Zimmer told us to go over to a like. So we did and we went Ice fishing over there. Had no success but is was still fun. Elder Humphreys and I decide that we will go fishing the last part of the transfer which is the first week in April when it does get warmer. Hopefully in the first part of April the fish will bite.
               Alright on to the missionary work So we have been very busy which is really awesome. Elder Humphreys and I have been working with this one new investigator. His name is T.J. R, we've had two lessons with him and also have been to church once. TJ was not able to make it out to church yesterday because his five month year old son got sick for the first time and he had to take care of him. TJ is a amazing man that was just looking around for a new church and he knew that Mormon's were big in families so he reffed himself. Planning to tech TJ tonight The Gospel Of Jesus Christ. We are working with a couple other investigators and really been working with many Less Actives that are so close to coming back to church.
   I don't know if you have had the Sister missionary's over in a while but anyways. Our ward mission leader is trying to get us into members homes to teach them all the messages we teach to investigators. So that includes The Restoration of the Gospel, The Plan Of Salvation and also The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Which are the three main lessons then the other three which our The Word of Wisdom, The Law of Chasity and also Tithing and fast offerings. It's been really awesome because we've been able to teach the members and get insight from them. Also the members know that they are back up plans to anything that fall through.
   It's really hard to think of things to email the family and friends so if you could ask me some questions each week that would be nice. :)  I don't know what I've told you about the mission, I hope my emails are still good. Some weeks it feels like I say the same thing with some type of cool insight or story to tell.  Anyways I have a cool insight I thought of this week during my scripture reading..........Have been reading from Helaman chapter 1 and also 2. So I read the talk from Richard G. Scott "Living a life of peace, Joy and Purpose" and what I got out of it that it testify of the same stuff. Even though it was 600BC. I don't have my scripture in front of me right now because just came back from ice fishing but I will share more of the insight in detail next Monday.
         I love the last part of your letter mom, it reminds me of another cool thing that a missionary showed me in the past. In 2 Nephi 9:39  O, my beloved brethren, remember the awfulness inatransgressing against that Holy God, and also the awfulness of yielding to the enticings of that bcunning one. Remember, to beccarnally-minded is ddeath, and to be espiritually-minded is flifegeternal. If you take Spiritually minded is life eternal. The first letter of each word spells out "Smile"  So if we let our self keep learning and have a spiritual mind we will always have a "SMILE" on our face.
    Love Elder Jenson

1 comment: