Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, March 31, 2014

March 24, 2014

Great Week!!

         So another great week in the Blue Water area :)  Elder Humphreys and I have been working very hard like always.  Well to start off with the week on Monday was St. Patrick day which was really funny because if you drive down through Port Huron at 8pm and on the do a Pup Craw (where everyone drinks goes to bars all night until they are passed out or hungover). It was pretty funny to see some people just trying to walk to the next bar. It's also very sad because it only one night and it that 4hrs or so many people can either die or get very sick by having to much or someone spiking there drink.
       We've been able to work with a couple of investigators this week. We our down to one investigator now because one of them went back to jail for 40 days because he did not pass his breathing testing in the morning when he showed up to the court house. The investigator that we were teaching was a brother of a recent convert of a 1 year. Elder Humphreys and I are planning to start working with him when he gets out of jail.
       Went to a wedding and Elder Humphreys and I were in the wedding as the standing in and walking people down row. It was great to see a Less Active family get married. Just now have to work with the husband now on taking the lessons and getting baptized so they can go to the temple! :)
   Elder Humphreys and I are still working with T.J R, T.J is amazing we went over the Word Of Wisdom this week! :) Started the 7 day stop smoking program with him and he started it with his wife which was way cool. One amazing miracle we had this week was that T.J's wife came to church! So Elder Humphreys and I set a goal on Friday to find a family of 3 for that day. It was 9pm at night and we started our nightly planning that we do each night for the next day. We received a text from T.J that said " I and my wife our drifting a declaration for the stop smoking and also my wife will be attending church with me." She sounds like she's going to give us a change to work with her. T.J is still on date for May 3rd 2014! He is amazing he reads all the books including D&C, Pearl Of Great Price and also looks up on his own time the Mormon Channel videos! :) T.J is amazing, Tomorrow we will be going over Priesthood, Temple prep and also church aux. :)
       So yesterday we had Ward Conference which was great because after church I was able to answer some of T.J's text about the organization of the church. I was able to lead him to D&C 1:20 and also section 20 which is explains organization and priesthood and other. Elder Humphreys and I were also able to give a few blessing to a family in the ward the Sultemeier's. The Sultemeier's are amazing  young family that foods us about every Sunday! :) Last night we were able to share about Mosiah 2 about King Benjamin address and I have in my scriptures off to the side General Conference. It kinda shows me that King Benjamin's address was one of the first kinda General Conference as you read Verse 1-9. Elder Humphreys and I have been using Mosiah 2:17 a lot in lessons and switch "service " into "Love" because as we our able to love each of God's kid he will have the Love for us. :)
          Well that's the update for the week :) Hope you have amazing week! I was able to activate my Card, Thanks
 Also that my insight for the week ! :) LOVE Your Family!! Crazy I'm going to be at 21 months on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment