Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Elder Cristian Jenson serving in the Detroit, MI Mission

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013



Dear President Holmes

Hey President Holmes, This week has been one of the best weeks for me in the mission. I have been able to learn a lot over this week about what I can change to be a better missionary.

On Thursday and Saturday, was a really great experience for me with going to the Temple with my group and also just being able to be at the meeting on Saturday with Elder D. Todd Christofferson .

It really hit me on Thursday that I can change things that are keeping me from progressing in my mission. I've always have had an Ipod on my mission with only church music, this last week I traded Elder Hoffman for his Ipod touch that he has because he did not want it anymore and he knew that he was braking the rules. So I gave him mine, putt church music on my new one and Mormon messages. I was not thinking of it being bad at all because I was only having church music on it and the messages. Then when I went on went with Elder Wilson and Cormaer I used it to just listen to church music on the way to the mission home. Elder Wilson and Cormaer told me that I was not suppose to have it because it can get wifi on it. I told them I knew that and I was only using it for church music and Mormon messages.

Then with giving up the weapons of war was great because I was able to just putt the music and Ipod in the box because I knew that that has been a little distracting for me when every we just jumped in the car. So I was able to putt it in my suit case and told my self and wrote a letter that went with the Ipod touch that said I wont every take it out on the mission again. Has soon as I did that I could feel a change.

I'm really happy that we will be able to have a companion to are companionship already.




Thanks for Everything President and Sister Holmes

Elder Jenson


As I said in my letter to President Holmes that has been most of the week. :)


This week has been a great week of another learning experience for me. Elder Hoffman got a touch the other Monday and putt music on it then he said he did not want it anymore because he's feeling on having it, so I told him we would trade so I did. Then putt music on it. Then what I explained to President Holmes.


That was just he learning experience for me but to go on with rest of the week, we were able to pick up couple new investigators and have many lessons,which is always great.




The temple was amazing learnd a lot from asking President Holmes in the temple which was way cool. On Thursday it kinda made me a little sad but did not cry, it reminded me that about a year ago I went with you and dad.


Well I'm staying in North Flint w/ Elder Hoffman but we will be getting another Elder with us because the mission is growing a lot and we don't have much room in the Michigan Detroit Mission. We have 30new missionary's coming in on Tuesday but most of them are waiting to head out of the country.


One thing I've been able to learn a lot on the mission so far but the biggest is obedience, with just the small things that I have ran into. Like with the watch and going to places only on P-day then with the ipod. Another is just being able to be understanding with all your companions. Also how much you do have to rely on God because I knew at home as I was able to explain to President and Sister Holmes on Tuesday that I did read the scriptures when I wanted to and also prayed when I needed it but other then that I had everything I needed family, friends, golf and money, But being able to be out here on the mission and see that you don't have any of that only family on Monday through email and in you heart, you don't have anyone to talk to if you have a problem in the companionship. But I've been able to pray much more the I did at home and also relate thing to the scripture instead of T.V., Internet or whatever is in the world. If you know what I mean.


I was able to see Elder Todd D. Christofferson, the preceding Bishop, Elder Mayne and other quorum of the 70's


Love you family, I will keep Savanah and Derek in my prayers :) hope they get feeling better.


Is Brandon going to the Provo or Mexico MTC? Just wondering because I've heard that the Provo MTC does not have any more room for Spanish speaking so they are all sending them to the Mexico MTC.


Did Dad every get my farthers day card???



Love you Family!! :) Elder Jenson

No comments:

Post a Comment